Saturday, September 27, 2008

Some Shoes.


So, I totally screwed this post up, and lost the whole thing after I'd had it written. Here's a diluted and completely less hilarious version. Trust me when I say the original was the funniest thing ever. 

I like that the topic this time is a picture. It saves me from having to fill that void above the text with a fancy illustration. Especially now that this is the second time I've written this post. I can, instead, focus my artistic energies elsewhere. I think I'll start a project. Anyway, on to some rambling about that picture.

I don't really have any funny stories or personal anecdotes about piles of shoes. The only thing that really comes to mind is that House of 1000 Corpses movie that Rob Zombie made. There were piles of shoes from the victims of the crazy family that lived in the house. That movie was kind of ridiculous. I heard that the shoe thing was a rip off of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The sign in the picture says Shoe 50. Mya, who posted this image, described the scene and gave it a little more context, but I'm going to go with what I can see. It says shoe 50. What does that mean? Is it someones unorthodox method of organizing their shoe collection? Piles of 50? Are there even pairs of shoes there? It doesn't look like it. Maybe they are all shoes from 1950. Who are we to judge someone based on how they organize their shoes? We need to stop being so judgemental. Just because somebody stores their shoes from 1950 outdoors in large piles of 50 doesn't mean we should kill them and put their shoes in large piles. 

Now I'm disgusted with humanity on top of being disgusted with how blogger screwed up my first attempt at this silly post. I'm going to go start my project and try to forget about all of this.

No comments: